Adder alert after Lab Sydney bitten
Liz Weafer, Advertiser & Times

Adder alert after Lab Sydney bitten

PET owner John Hutchings is warning fellow dog walkers to be on high alert for adders after his labrador Sydney collapsed when he was bitten in the Forest. John, from Blackfi eld, was taking nine-year-old Sydney (pictured) for his usual walk at Exbury last Monday around lunchtime. “He went off into the undergrowth and within minutes of coming back out he had collapsed and was struggling to breathe,” he told the A&T.

“Before setting out for our walk I had noticed my mobile had very little battery, so I’d left it on charge at home. I thought I was going to have to fl ag someone down to help me get Sydney home but we managed, with him walking very very slowly and me helping him, to get back.

« Return to News

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1779608-23']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + ''; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();